Jersey City’s underground literary readings return in 2015 in a special afternoon salon of romantic tales of the past. This Valentine’s day, join Jersey City Writers for Rendezvous: A Celebration of Historical Romance. Please read carefully all submission guidelines if you are interested in submitting.
– 1,300 words or less (1,000 preferred)
– Accepting short stories, novel or story excerpts, plays and monologues
– Historical range: Nothing after World War II (1939) Nothing before advanced human civilization (Mesopotamia c. 3000 BCE) Please reference Popular Historical Romance Eras. The era should be well researched and historically accurate
– We are looking for romantic sentiment, quiet longing and relationships that develop and grow. We are not looking for graphic erotica
– Send attachments as .doc or .rtf in manuscript format
– Unpublished works only
– Three submissions maximum per individual
– Each story will be assigned an actor. If you wish to use your own actor, you must include this person’s name, phone number and e-mail address along with your submission. Otherwise, we will provide an actor for you
Please send submissions to JCWgenrenight@gmail.com
Deadline for Submissions: February 1, 2015
If your piece is accepted, it will be published on the Jersey City Writers website and performed by an actor at the Valentine’s Day Literary Salon. All stories are read anonymously. If you have any questions regarding genre, the guidelines or anything else, feel free to inquire at the email address listed above.