Jersey City Writers presents an evening of celebrating Memoir. We are currently looking for short vignettes that encapsulate an important life experience. This June, join Jersey City Writers for Reflections: An Evening of Memoir. Please read carefully all submission guidelines if you are interested in submitting.
– 1,300 words or less (1,000 preferred)
– Accepting short memoir vignettes of nonfiction or creative nonfiction genre.
– Send attachments as .doc or .rtf in manuscript format
– Unpublished works only
– Three submissions maximum per individual
– Each story will be assigned an actor unless the writer wishes to read for his or her self. If you wish to use your own actor, you must include this person’s name, phone number and e-mail address along with your submission.
Please send submissions to JCWgenrenight@gmail.com
Deadline for Submissions: June 1, 2015
If your piece is accepted, it will be published on the Jersey City Writers website and presented on Wednesday, June 17th. If you have any questions regarding genre, the guidelines or anything else, feel free to inquire at the email address listed above.