Jersey City Writers presents an evening of fantasy fiction this August. All subforms of the genre are accepted, including dark fantasy, fairy tales, high fantasy, magical realism, sword and sorcery, urban fantasy or any other fantasy subgenre. Please read carefully all submission guidelines if you are interested in submitting.
– 1,300 words or less (1,000 preferred)
– Accepting short stories, novel excerpts and poetry
– Send attachments as .doc or .pdf in manuscript format
– Unpublished works only
– Three submissions maximum per individual
– Each story will be assigned an actor. If you wish to use your own actor, you must include this person’s name, phone number and e-mail address along with your submission. Otherwise, we will provide an actor for you.
Please send submissions to JCWgenrenight@gmail.com
Deadline for Submissions: July 26, 2015
If your work is accepted, it will be published on the Jersey City Writers website and performed by an actor on Wednesday, August 12.
All submissions are read anonymously. If you have any questions regarding genre, the guidelines or anything else, feel free to inquire at the email address listed above.